NEWS: A rough draft for the Telepath Guidelines document should be available sometime between now and October. For more information, please see the discussion threads at the First Quarter News Update fav.me/d70cw69 Winners of the Second Quarter Space Station Contest:
1) SARGY001’s Planetary Mining post
2) Colorbrand’s Bleak Planet
3) Zerraspace’s Lotus Orbiter fav.me/d5pszb9
As always, I would like to extend a warm welcome to our new members and also thank many of our more senior members for their continued level of involvement. For more info about OPaaT and what we are all about please check out the New Member Guide fav.me/d5dhxa8 as well as the FAQ fav.me/d5uaq58 and our ever-growing star map fav.me/d5gb11j
1) Quantum entanglement in photoactive prebiotic systems. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24…
2) The swipe card model of odorant recognition www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?t…
3) Quantum Entanglement Animated www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zD1U1…
4) A method to explore the possibility of nonlocal correlations between electrical activities of two spatially separated animal subjects. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15…
5) Tracking the processes behind conscious perception: a review of event-related potential correlates of visual consciousness. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21…
The next contest will cover facilities. To qualify the facility must be located either at the planet’s surface, within the atmosphere (not a space station), somewhere on or within an ocean, underground, or even on the surface of one of the planet’s moons. The deadline for this contest is the last day of September at 11:00pm EST.
Our newest affiliate is Dussians dussians.deviantart.com/ The thing that makes this group special is that it focuses on a completely original alien species and does a great job of developing it in addition to exploring a diverse range of groups within the clade. Below are ten of my favorite deviations:
1) El Planeta Dussia
Dussians!!!For the group :icondussians:All images belongs to their respective autors. The races belongs to me.
All Dussians family
Dussians of Dussia
Dussia by Sherumann
Prehistoric dussian by TriinuArjus
First dussians by Kyoth, TOBproject , Dino-Mario
Scene of dussians by Spudfuzz
Dussians from other planets, in the Imperial Era
Dussians of Du'suya by aralc16 , Dussians of Ytich by DivianaAjatar & Dyssians (Dwarf / Giant) by Jakeukalane / loreball
3) Pre-historic Dussian sketch
4) Dussiano Venuhis
5) THE DUSSIAN BALL
6) Golden Black Dussian Scarab
7) Varios Dussians
8) El Sistema Solar de Qenal
9) Analysis of Lietemyrsky
Analysis of Lietemyrsky"There, where the cadence ends"
It means a special place in Milegu, where there isn't the normal cadence of Milegu. Ultimately, an exotic place of Milegu."they were the persecuted of time,"The Dussians were the main race that fight agains the Essence of Paranoia, Devourers, dem nutkiae, and the Army of Evil (comanded by the Xontassseslisz’nurom) in the final momments of Milegu."the final tool of complexity, teachers of geometry and causality,"The Dussians, with the help of other species, openned the Planes and they were also specialists in the Milegu (about its geometry and paradoxes)."but when the lava floes broke out among the stars around them, they realized that they were just tiny irregular bubbles within the mind of possibilities"The lava bursts refers when the Essence of Paranoia began to devour the Milegu, tearing apart the structures of the Planes and generating flows of ener
10) Fonemario dyssiano
BOOK CLUB: Margaret Atwood’s Oryx and Crake is arguably one of the most well written works of science fiction that has been published within the twenty-first century. Although the narrative as a whole is not fit for a one-to-one book-to-movie conversion, a la The Hunger Games, Oryx and Crake nevertheless stands apart because of its relevance to contemporary bioethics, prodigious use of the English Language, and undeniable uniqueness of the plot. In an age of multinational biotech corporations and fully synthetic organisms the story of Oryx and Crake is not only entertaining, but also quite important from the standpoint of moral writing.
QUESTIONS FOR THE READER:
1) Do you think that Oryx and Crake could have been better as a third person narrative? If so, what other points of view would you utilize other than that of the main character?
2) Do you feel that Oryx and Crake accurately portrays the potential dangers associated with genetically modified organisms, or do you see the story as an exaggeration?
3) How did your experience with Oryx and Crake influence your development as a writer or artist?
4) Do you feel that there are any real world issues today that are currently being neglected/underutilized by science fiction as a genre?
Reminder: Next quarter we will be discussing Caelum Lex fav.me/d5gro6q